Thursday, February 3, 2011

Please Reply At Earliest Convenience

Song of the Day: Madman by The Jayhawks

To Whom It May Concern:

I wish to inform you that you make me sad. As much as either of us would deny it, we are viewing each other's lives through monitors and nothing more. And sometimes I'm pretty sure even that is only going one way; I doubt you spare the time to check in on me.

The things you say are so sad because I can feel how upset you are. But that's all I can do. You will tell the entire internet and you won't tell me. Maybe I shouldn't care so much about someone who hasn't asked me how I am in months, but old habits die hard. But I can never compete with the people you WILL tell. The exciting people. I guess you prefer the transition from screen to human rather than the other way around. I should have waited and introduced myself over AIM or Myspace. Would I be exciting then? Would I be mysterious enough to warrant your attention? Just what does it take?

If you would just talk to me, I think we'd both feel better. I don't know if I'd be able to say anything that would help; you're really fucking stubborn. But so am I. And that's why I will continue to wish you spoke to me. I will continue to regard you much more highly than you regard me. And no matter how angry or frustrated I get, I will pick up on the first ring and listen intently, no questions asked. Because chances are, the only question that WILL get asked will be me asking how you are. I really hope that one day the answer will be, "I'm happy." And I hope you'll tell me why. I love you.

If you will not have me as myself / perhaps as someone else, perhaps as you / I'd be worth noticing. -I'll Be That Girl, Barenaked Ladies

No comments:

Post a Comment