Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Disjointed Thought Vomit

Song of the Day: The Cave by Mumford and Sons

Thought 1: I love being here because the people actually go out and do things, so relaxing feels somewhat justified. However, Emily gets so much done that she makes me feel like the least productive human being on Earth. If I could be qualified for one damn job, that would be really fantastic.
Thought 2: Kirkland Signature macaroni and cheese is not nearly as good as Kraft. A while ago I switched to Annie's, but since I'm buying my own food that isn't an option. We ended up double-stocked on mac & cheese because my dad didn't know Steph had already given us a case so he bought us some. Emily and I figure the Kirkland brand stuff will just make us really thankful when we get to the Kraft pack.
Thought 3: I should NOT be looking at fox tattoo designs. For multiple reasons, the foremost of which is that I am leagues away from having the money for another tattoo. Like, probably years. Unless I ask my parents to foot the bill for one as a Christmas present at some point. But they already went over budget for my cello and I'm planning on no presents this year to make up for that. Either way, looking at designs is torture. And somewhat pointless, because I would never get a tattoo identical to someone else's (with the exception of my treble clef, there was just no getting around that one). I should make friends with an art student and have them draw one for me. Hell, Emily could probably do it.
Thought 4: I realized that I am very much like Aunt Josephine from "Anne of Green Gables." I like people who make me like them--it saves me the trouble of making myself like them.
Thought 5: I'll be holding the fort tonight while Emily stays at Jake's, so that will be an adventure.
Thought 6: People are starting to move back in, meaning there will be more people to see. Zach is moving in this coming weekend, I think, and Erinn is coming to visit him so hopefully I can see both of them then (I know those names only mean something to Abbie).
Thought 7: This school is doing everything in its power to prevent me from making registration day less stressful. I tried to get an advising appointment for this week so it would be one less thing to do on the 19th, but they can't do that. I tried to get my ID card; I can't until I'm officially registered. Seating auditions for the symphony are on the same day as registration, so I have to work around that and I have no idea what to do with my cello while I'm doing registration ish.
Thought 8: This post is long and full of things you don't care about. But I had to put them somewhere. Otherwise they'd fill up my brain and other stuff would start falling out of my ears at inopportune times and then things would just get ugly.
Thought 9: Overall, things are going very well. I'm meeting new people and learning to be somewhat independent. We went on a beach adventure today (and saw a dead seal, which was awful), and last night we went on a walk around the residential areas just because we could. Between getting up at a decent hour every day (which is really hard when I go to bed late, but I know will ultimately be good for me) and eating better/less, I'm getting healthier. I know I was talking about mac and cheese, but I've actually been eating breakfast every day (something I almost never did at home, partially because I always got up late) and I switched to wheat bread, which I like more than I thought I did. Yeah. Good times. Okay, seriously leaving now.

Not much of this makes sense to me
The river leaves run cold and dry
But it keeps me from swinging tree to tree
And sometimes I’m too scared to even try
Hashing through the possibilities
They seem as endless as the sky
You seek the truth and the quiet breeze
But the air is too thin to reply
Well I know that’s where I’ll never be
Because I can see the summer’s done
I try to let the river flow in and out of me
And pray I float the way I think I want
And pray I float at all.
-Happy Frappy, Guster

No comments:

Post a Comment