Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Ramblin', where to begin

Song of the Day: Always On My Mind by Phantom Planet

I'm supposed to be studyiiiiiiing. But frankly, I had two finals this morning and I want to give my brain a wee break before diving into studying for my next one, which is at 3:30 so I have a bit of time.

I don't really have a direction for this post. Let's go with Summer.

Summer for me starts after my last final (environmental science) on Thursday morning. Since the dude is graduating, we're going to Seattle with his family for some on-the-house (read: paid-for-by-his-parents) fun. A nice lunch somewhere and a Mariners game, and then his dad is giving us a wad of cash to go do whatever we want on our own that evening. It looks like we're going to go see Prometheus in IMAX and then hit up Beth's for late-night noms.

Then...summer. Nothing major planned for it, really. Pretty much zero dollars to spend on going anywhere. I'm house/catsitting for my parents while my dad goes down to California in July, but that's kind of my Big Exciting Thing for the season =p Unless you count moving, 'cause I'm doing that too. That should be fun.

I really need summer clothes. I have exactly 2 pairs of shorts and 1 is unflattering. I have basically one wearable-in-an-everyday-way dress. And about 2 tank tops. Which I guess won't really be a problem if the weather continues on in its current fashion. But I have stuff I could sell to contribute toward clothes monies and I can't believe I have the urge to shop.

This is seriously the dullest post ever. I thought I had way more to say than this. Ohhhh no the Sleepy is hitting me WHAT AM I GOING TO DO.

Things I Like: Having my food paid for (by my parents, if anyone else does it I squirm), getting a bigger room, seeing Abbie, watching Cheers all summer, fruit season.
Things I Do Not Like: Not having a car (though biking will probably improve my health), feeling guilty about taking the bigger room even though a small room is currently giving me an anneurysm, being the only one in that big room, and the likelihood that August will arrive all too soon.

Dangit, the second list is longer. Ummm I also like Seattle, and finals being over, and seeing my kittens, and having a TV (which I won't feel guilty watching because of all that biking I'm going to do), biking, doing wedding stuff with Steph because I don't like weddings but I like her.

I don't know if any of this made sense or had any substance whatsoever. I'm gonna...go surf tumblr and eventually study for my theory final. Or something.

Summer arrives with a length of lights / summer blows away / and quietly gets swallowed by a wave / it gets swallowed by a wave. -Summersong, The Decemberists

No comments:

Post a Comment