Saturday, September 1, 2012

A List of Things I Want

Unfiltered by privilege-checking or a desire to pretend I'm really wise and selfless.

An instrument in my hands
A flatter tummy
Stronger muscles
Longer hair
Cuddle buddy
To know if that song that one time was directed at me
Someone I can talk to (physically in the room would be nice)
To stop feeling so upset about nothing
Motivation
A sweatshirt
To share my passion for music with people
To live in San Francisco
To excel
A successful career
A career, period
The courage to wear more noticeable outfits
Money to have Experiences
A car
A good singing voice
A stiff drink (or 5)
A jaw that doesn't hurt
A side that doesn't hurt
Feet that don't hurt
Knees that don't hurt
A way to minimize my sister's stress
Inspiration for a wedding toast
To figure out what's independence and what's fear; to embrace the independence and overcome the fear
A dog
Another tattoo
A cup of tea
Functioning lungs/heart
Everything to work out. Eventually.
Everyone to be okay. Soon.

Gravity is working against me / And gravity wants to bring me down / Oh twice as much ain't twice as good / And can't sustain like one half could / it's wanting more that's gonna send me to my knees. -Gravity, John Mayer

2 comments:

  1. Replies to each:

    You're good with an instrument in your hands, so the world desires that too

    Your tummy is fine

    Beefcake Emma

    Hair grows on it's own, so give it time.

    I cannot offer assistance in the cuddle buddy department

    What song? by who?

    Talking to people IRL is nice.

    I actually don't think you upset about nothing.

    Emma, you can do it! and if you can't you can do something else!

    I can send you a sweatshirt

    You already do share your passion for music with people.

    If you really want to live there, you can eventually.

    You do excel and you will have a career.

    Emma, you should wear awesome outfits when you want. If you're looking good with purple tights than people either won't notice or if they do they'll like it xD

    Girl needs job

    Girl needs job again

    Just sing damnit

    Me too

    Dude, can we talk about jaw pain sometime? My jaw hurts sometimes and is all weird a lot of the time

    Pain sucks.

    Reducing stress in others is kind of difficult especially if your Sister is just naturally a worrier. Just do what you can and be supportive.

    Just talk about Corgis and foxes and giraffes and cellos and then wish them the best of luck xD

    My mind doesn't have that correlation between independence and fear.

    I know that you'll have a dog as soon as you can

    Patience on the tattoo front

    Make some f'ing tea then

    I'm sorry that your body is defective. Demand a refund from your parents.

    Everything works out (even it's not in a good way) and everything ends up being okay, because otherwise life would be just impossible.

    Emma, you are wise and selfless and I like you a whole bunch. Some might even say that I... um... love you. Anyway, apologies if this comes out as patronizing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not patronizing at all, it actually made me laugh multiple times and I really needed that. I particularly enjoyed "Beefcake Emma" and the image it summoned xD

      As for the song, it's kind of a stupid story and I know it wasn't directed at me but sometimes my ego needs it to be and it's a thing that doesn't really matter anymore. And the independence/fear debate centers a lot around marriage and children as they do or do not apply to me.

      Delete