Saturday, August 27, 2011

Good Day To Be A Sounder

Song of the Day: Seattle by Perry Como

2-6. Holy cow. The score was 4-0 Sounders at the end of the first half. And then every time the Crew got a goal, the Sounders went, "Nope" and scored another one. Actually I take that back, one was an own goal.
While I'm (generally) a pretty gracious loser (unless something horribly unfair happened), I'm a pretty awful winner. I've noticed it mostly in board games/video games. I yell a lot during the actual game and then flip victorious shit if I win. I think I'm like the annoying kid in elementary school who was insanely obnoxious when they won, but if they lost they were all, "Calm down, it's just a game." I probably would have been a lot meaner to Michael but the Crew was really just torn asunder and I didn't think he needed the full monty of trash talk. I still pelted him a few times though. Sorry! Bros?
It was very cool that Cunningham set the score record though. Kinda sucks that he has to associate that with such a bad game. I do feel bad about that.
Welp, I'm headed to Blake Island for a picnic/barbeque dinner with Steph and Max. Still sporting my jersey like a dork.
I really love how Keller kicks the ball. He just MEANS it every time, like "Get the HELL out here!" It amuses me. I also love how the TV network doesn't bother censoring or even being careful during games. I know there's only so much they can do since it's live, but during the last two games I've watched I could CLEARLY hear a line of a song in which the ECS enthusiastically screams, "WE DON'T HEAR A FUCKIN' THING!" That, too, amuses me.
My hands are shaking and I'm not sure why. Maybe I shouldn't drink coffee past noon.

Take 'em all, take 'em all / Put 'em up against the wall and shoot 'em / Short and tall, watch 'em fall / Come on boys, take them all.

5 comments:

  1. You exploded my phone with tweets. Just so you know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course, we're still bros. You had every right to pelt me as many times as you wanted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michael: Yay! What a good sport you are.
    Abbie: But Aaaabbiiiieeeee, it was SUCH A GOOD GAME. Like, just everything that happened was like WHAT IS GOING ON. Like 6 freaking goals? WHAT? And then Columbus's man Cunningham managing to set a record (even if it was a penalty kick) while his team's morale was taking the beating of a lifetime! I seriously squeaked a couple times because I was trying not to cheer (my dad was in a bad mood). Just outta control. I would make another twitter account for game tweets (like John Green does) but I so rarely get to watch them. We'll see what channels I end up having in the apartment. It's late and I'm loopy and this is longer than any comment should ever be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Were you any other person, I'd simply say TL;DR. But it's you. So I read the whole damn thing. And I will continue to read every damn thing you write, even if my phone erupts with cybercheers for a match about something I know extraordinarily little.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love you like Algernon loves Algernon.

    ReplyDelete