Saturday, August 27, 2011

Spaceship

Song of the Day: Whatever Norway's EuroVision song was

All right. Short bloggerooni today. Because it is 1:30 a.m., but I didn't come this far to miss a day.
I invented a new game tonight. Actually I invented it last Thursday on the way home from "Stonehenge," but it really took shape tonight. It's simple: find a road with no streetlights, make sure it's going to be straight for a decent amount of time, and see how long you're willing to leave the headlights off. Also, make sure there are no cops. I sort of sprung the game on Abbie and Brett. I said, "Hey, want to see what it's like to be in a space ship?" And then I killed the headlights. They freaked out and threatened my life, but before long they were asking me to do it again whenever we got to straight backroads. We went to Beth's and then drove around in the dark listening to (and in some cases laughing at) EuroVision songs. I love them both lots and am very thankful that Skype exists because Brett flies out tomorrow and Abbie leaves in a week.
In other news, I went cello shopping today. I have two on trial and I pretty much need to reach a decision by next Friday. I went SLIGHTLY over the limit set by my dad although today he seemed to be willing to be flexible. I think if I offer to give up Christmas gifts in return for going over budget, he might oblige. Either way, I might actually be able to display my full capabilities on a decent instrument, which is exciting.
Sounders vs. Crew tomorrow, so I'd better rest up. Good day.

I got two hands on the sunshine / I got one foot in the grave / I got 25 cents in my wallet / And I'm feeling mighty lucky today. -Lucky Today, Cloud Cult

2 comments:

  1. I don't get to control whether the headlights are on in my truck or not, but back when I had a car that I had to remember to turn on the headlight I would often play 'Spaceship' entirely by mistake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a kickass game. Terrifying, but kickass.

    ReplyDelete